High-Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure Sponsored by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics, Held at Columbia University, New York City, September 8-12, 1969 by Samuel Devons (Paperback, 2012)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn preparing the program for this Conference, the third in the series, it soon became evident that it was t possible to in- clude in a conference of reasonable duration all the topics that might be subsumed under the broad title, High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure. From their initiation, in 1963, it has been as much the aim of these Conferences to provide some bridges between the steadily separating domains of particle and nuclear physics, as to explore thoroughly the borderline territory between the two -- the sort of -man's-land that lies unclaimed, or claimed by both sides. The past few years have witnessed the rapid development of many new routes connecting the two major areas of 'elementary par- ticles' and 'nuclear structure', and these w spread over a great expanse of physics, logically perhaps including the whole of both subjects. (As recently as 1954, an International Conference on 'Nuclear and Meson Physics' did, in fact, embrace both fields!) Since it is t w possible to traverse, in one Conference, this whole network of connections, still less to explore the entire ter- ritory it covers, the choice of topics has to be in some degree arbitrary. It is hoped that ours has served the purpose of fairly exemplifying many areas where physicists, rmally separated by their diverse interests, can find interesting and important topics which bring them together.
- Author(s)Samuel Devons
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1687 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1970
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.