Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Chelsea Duke took a year out to travel round the world alone, she had idea what she was letting herself in for. Never having described herself as the outdoorsy type or having stayed in a hostel before, life on the backpacker trail held some rather unpleasant surprises. But by the end of the year she had amassed a range of survival techniques to rival Ray Mears, all of which she is generously passing on here. From beauty treatments to do before you set off and how t to kill yourself in a South American shower, to the indispensable nature of the sparkly flip-flop, High Heels and a Head Torch will tell you everything you need to kw to keep yourself looking and feeling glam when your wardrobe fits into a shoe box and those little home comforts are a million miles away.As well as lists of 'dos and don'ts' and tons of useful advice on every aspect of the travel experience, including personal safety, High Heels and a Head Torch is full of hilarious anecdotes and is the ultimate survival tool for any glamorous girl about to set off in search of adventure.
- Author BiographyCertain there was more to life than working nine to five, Chelsea Duke took off on a fifty-four week solo round-the-world backpacking trip, which she describes at the most amazing thing she's ever done. Having been firmly bitten by the travel bug, Chelsea now leads a semi-itinerant life, regularly upping sticks and travelling to far-flung places with a working visa, a sense of adventure and the obligatory sparkly flip-flops. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Chelsea Duke
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.