All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- Descriptionvi tute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Thus, the book does t contain material on the nlinear interaction of nlinear ab- sorption of high-intensity acoustic oscillations in solids, etc. Al- though the main body of the text generally encompasses the results of the author of the given part of the book, the materials of other Soviet and foreign researchers working in the particular field are also incorporated in the interest of clarity and completeness. Part I presents a survey of the results of investigations con- ducted by the author in the nlinear absorption of,sound in liquids and gases. Of special interest are the effects on nlinear ab- sorption in convergent and divergent cylindrical and spherical fronts. Part n is based on results obtained by the author largely during his tenure at the Acoustics Institute. It is given over to the rather complex and beguiling problem of the radiation pressure, an area that is often imprecisely and at times incorrectly handled. Part lli comprises a survey of our kwledge concerning acoustic streaming. Even though the advances made in this area at the Acoustics Institute are relatively limited, the subject is still important eugh to warrant its inclusion as an independent part of the book.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleUltrasonic Technology (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight676 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byL. D. Rozenberg
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1971
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.