All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHigh Performance MySQL teaches you advanced techniques in depth so you can bring out MySQL's full power. Learn how to design schemas, indexes, queries, and advanced MySQL features for maximum performance, and get detailed guidance for tuning your MySQL server, operating system, and hardware to their fullest potential. You'll also learn practical, safe, high-performance ways to scale your applications with replication, load balancing, high availability, and failover. This third edition is completely revised and reflects recent advances in MySQL and InDB performance, features, and tools. Major additions include: * Achieving high performance with MySQL in the cloud * Using the new features in MySQL 5.5 * Taking advantage of modern multi-core CPUs and solid-state disks * Improvements in replication, high availability, and new clustering options * New tools for hot online backups The book also includes chapters on benchmarking, profiling, backups, cloud computing, solid-state disks, and tools and techniques to help you measure, monitor, and manage your MySQL installations.
- Author BiographyBaron Schwartz is a software engineer who lives in Charlottesville, Virginia and goes by the online handle of Xaprb, which is his first name typed in QWERTY on a Dvorak keyboard. When he's not busy solving a fun programming challenge, he relaxes with his wife Lynn and dog Carbon. He blogs about software engineering at http://www.xaprb.com/blog/. A former manager of the High Performace Group at MySQL AB, Peter Zaitsev now runs the mysqlperformanceblog.com site. He specializes in helping administrators fix issues with Web sites handling millions of visitors a day, dealing with terabytes of data using hundreds of servers. He is used to making changes and upgrades both to hardware to software (such as query optimization) in order to find solutions. He also speaks frequently at conferences. Vadim Tkachenko was a Performance Engineer in at MySQL AB. As an expert in multithreaded programming and synchronization, his primary tasks were benchmarks, profiling, and finding bottlenecks. He also worked on a number of features for performance monitoring and tuning, and getting MySQL to scale well on multiple CPUs.
- Author(s)Baron Schwartz,Peter Zaitsev,Vadim Tkachenko
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1297 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.