All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'It is the cheapest bit of go-faster gear you can buy...' - Robert Lloyd, Island Sailing Club 'One of the most readable books on the complex subject of sailing faster, and without doubt, a must for every racing sailor' - Yachts and Yachting Some people like to sail. Some people like to sail fast. This is a book about sailing faster. During the past few decades there has been a revolution in the way some boat designers and sailors have thought about, designed, built and sailed their boats. This book is about the new ideas which have led to these greater speeds and the faster sailing techniques which have been developed to achieve them. High Performance Sailing has become the standard reference work on high speed racing techniques - the bible for racing sailors, from dinghies right through to America's Cup boats. Ground-breaking in its thinking on boat speed, strategy and tactics, and timeless in its application, it is a book 'which serious racing yachtsman should be without.' (Kelvin Hughes) Now in its second edition, High Performance Sailing has been brought right up to date with new information, the discoveries from new boat testing and new developments.
- Author BiographyFrank Bethwaite has been at the leading edge of national and world class sailing for over sixty years. Apart from his own outstanding racing successes, he has coached every level of would-be champion from basic to Olympic standard. Within his own family, three are Olympic champions and three are world champions in four classes. From a background of aeronautical engineering and meteorology, Frank spent thirty years in military and civilian aviation and finally in scientific flying. When he retired he decided to find out how small sailboats worked - so that he could make them sail faster.
- Author(s)Frank Bethwaite
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/07/2010
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThomas Reed Publications
- Content NoteB/W photos and diagrams throughout
- Weight1334 g
- Width193 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.