All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing in the footsteps of its popular predecessors, High Power Microwaves, Third Edition continues to provide a wide-angle, integrated view of the field of high power microwaves (HPMs). This third edition includes significant updates in every chapter as well as a new chapter on beamless systems that covers nlinear transmission lines. Written by an experimentalist, a theorist, and an applied theorist, respectively, the book offers complementary perspectives on different source types. The authors address: * How HPM relates historically and technically to the conventional microwave field * The possible applications for HPM and the key criteria that HPM devices have to meet in order to be applied * How high power sources work, including their performance capabilities and limitations * The broad fundamental issues to be addressed in the future for a wide variety of source types The book is accessible to several audiences. Researchers currently in the field can widen their understanding of HPM. Present or potential users of microwaves will discover the advantages of the dramatically higher power levels that are being made available. Newcomers to the field can pursue further research. Decision makers in direct energy acquisition and related fields, such as radar, communications, and high energy physics, can see how developments in HPM will affect them.
- Author BiographyJames Benford is the president of Microwave Sciences, Inc. He is a fellow of the IEEE and EMP. He has taught 26 courses on high power microwaves in 10 countries. His research interests include high power microwave systems from conceptual designs to hardware, microwave source physics, electromagnetic power beaming for space propulsion, experimental intense particle beams, and plasma physics. He earned a PhD in physics from the University of California, San Diego. Visit jamesbenford.com for more details about his work. John A. Swegle is a senior advisory scientist at the Savannah River National Laboratory. He is also an independent consultant on high power microwaves. He has conducted short courses or extended workshops on high power microwaves in the United States, Europe, and China. He was an associate editor of The Physics of Plasmas and an editor of a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science. He earned a PhD and an MS in plasma physics from Cornell University and a BSEE and an MSEE from the University of Washington. Edl Schamiloglu is a distinguished professor of electrical and computer engineering at the University of New Mexico. A fellow of the IEEE and EMP, he conducts numerous short courses and lectures worldwide and is a recipient of numerous honors, including the IEEE NPSS Richard F. Shea Award and the IEEE NPSS Pulsed Power Science and Technologies' Peter Haas Award. His research interests include high power microwave source development and their effects on networked infrastructure. He earned a BS and an MS from Columbia University and a PhD from Cornell University.
- Author(s)Edl Schamiloglu,James Benford,John A. Swegle
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleSeries in Plasma Physics
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note325 black & white illustrations, 52 black & white tables
- Weight1315 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.