All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionElected with clear public mandate, George W. Bush achieved surprising legislative successes in his early months in the White House. Following September 11, 2001, his public support rose to unprecedented heights. Actions taken in the following months and years have revealed the exceptionally ambitious nature of the Bush presidency. High Risk and Big Ambition brings together leading presidency scholars and journalists to assess the trajectory and character of Bush's time in office. T he common theme running through their contributions is that this presidency is best characterized by a series of bold political and policy risks in the service of two primary goals: the transformation of American foreign policy and the creation of a lasting Republican dominance of domestic politics. Included are discussions of foreign policy, national security, the war in Iraq, Bush's leadership style, religious politics, and ecomic. George W. Bush emerges as an orthodox invator who skillfully deploys both personal politics and the power of his office in an effort to complete the conservative governmental agenda initiated by Ronald Reagan.
- Author BiographySteven E. Schier, the Dorothy H. and Edward C. Congdon Professor of Political Science at Carleton College, is the author or editor of numerous books including The Postmodern Presidency: Bill Clinton's Legacy in U.S. Politics.
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited bySteven E. Schier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.