All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionKurt Dufour, a charismatic nineteen year-old, grew up in a world of wealth and privilege. But his life lurched out of bounds when he was accused of murdering a beautiful and promiscuous young woman. The second chance he needs comes in the form of an unusual opportunity to channel his gifted athletic talent into a spot on a fledgling Tour de France team directed by Otto Warner, an aging ex-teammate of Kurt's father who desperately needs to find an American superstar. Five years after joining the team Dufour has become the undisputed challenger to the arrogant Frenchman, Jacques Poulain, ordained to be the first professional cyclist to win the Tour an unprecedented six times. When Dufour convincingly takes over the Yellow Jersey of Tour leadership on the toughest Alpine stage, he suddenly realizes that winning the Tour is much more than being the best cyclist and his chance at victory becomes a bizarre game of deceit, manipulation and examination of his own character. Filled with unforgettable teammates, an American television crew assigned to cover a bizarre sport, a beautiful young producer and a French team owner and his subordinates who diabolically plot to stop Dufour, High Road is a fast-paced story from the underbelly of one of the World's most bizarre sporting events.
- Author BiographyDavid Chauner is recognized as one of America's most influential figures in the sport of professional cycling. As a cyclist, he competed nationally and internationally, medaled in the U.S. national championships six times and was a member of the 1968 and 1972 Olympic Teams. Since he retired from racing in 1975 he has remained actively engaged in the sport as a writer, commentator and professional event organizer. Chauner was inducted into the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame in 1998 and has published articles on cycling in all major cycling magazines as well as Sports Illustrated and the New York Times. He co-authored the Tour de France Complete Book of Cycling in 1990 (Villard Books). He is currently the CEO of World Cycling League. High Road is his first novel.
- Author(s)David Chauner
- Date of Publication06/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.