All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortly squires and young dandies. Jane Austenesqueheroines and their gruesome chaperones. Dashing young officers and corrupt politicians. The keenly observant satires by English caricaturistThomas Rowlandso (1757-1827) make clear his sharp eye for current affairs as well as his appreciation of the humour in everyday life. High Spirits brings together nearly one hundred comic works by Rowlandson,with subjects spanning the entire range of English society, including numerous satires of politics, and George III and his troublesome offspring. Full-colour illustrations are accompanied by details drawn from new archival research on both the works and their royal collectors, from George IV to QueenVictoria and Prince Albert.
- Author BiographyKate Heard is curator of prints and drawings in the Royal Collection Trust and deputy editor of the Journal of the History of Collections.
- Author(s)HRH Duke of Edinburgh,Kate Heard
- PublisherRoyal Collection Trust
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Collection Trust
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1590 g
- Width280 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.