All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1974 by an ambitious political activist and outlaw drug smuggler, High Times has been a revolutionary venture right from the start. Providing alternative political commentary and unabashed enthusiasm for cannabis, LSD, and psychedelic mushrooms, the proven success and staying power of the magazine throughout the years has cemented its reputation as the world's foremost countercultural publication. In the 1970s, every reader dreamed of a day when legal pot would be sold in retail stores, and w--just in time for High Times ' 40th anniversary--it seems that dream could finally be coming true. High Times: A 40-Year History of the World's Most Infamous Magazine celebrates this amazing magazine with a collection of the more than 420 covers--some brilliant, some ridiculous and some hilarious--that showcase the evolution of the counterculture, complimented by incisive new essays from current High Times editors contextualizing the history of this unique publication. Arranged by decade, High Times: A 40-Year History of the World's Most Infamous Magazine reflects the evolution of the publication itself, from a revolutionary counterculture bible for a growing community of antiauthoritarian rebels to an established magazine keeping pace with the exponential growth of the cannabis industry and legitimization of the healing herb. A humorous introduction by comedian Tommy Chong--who has been on more covers of High Times than anyone--kicks off this celebratory tome. Presented as a lavish coffee-table book, the colorful pages are packed with stunning images that have captured marijuana's biggest moments and inspired the dreams of generations of hedonists in search of the perfect high.
- Author BiographyFor four decades, High Times has been synonymous with marijuana in both pot and pop culture circles. In the past five years, the magazine has been the subject of feature stories in The New York Times, Washington Post, New York magazine, and more. The magazine is still published monthly and High Times also runs a popular website, where they host podcasts, videos, and articles. High Times also sponsors the Cannabis Cup. Held annually in Amsterdam since 1988, the Cannabis Cup is world's largest marijuana event. In 2013, 28 coffeeshops competed for the title of world's best cannabis, vying for the favor of over 3,000 judges from around the world.
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Weight1497 g
- Width224 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byTommy Chong
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.