All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe presence of high voltage power lines has provoked widespread concern for many years. High Voltage Electricity Installations presents an in-depth study of policy surrounding the planning of high voltage installations, discussing the manner in which they are percieved by the public, and the associated environmental issues. An analysis of these concerns, along with the geographical, environmental and political influences that shape their expression, is presented. * Investigates local planning policy in an area of the energy sector that is of highly topical environmental and public concern * Covers the planning of high-voltage installations, and formulation of local authority policies on high-voltage installations across England and Wales * Features a number of case studies from both rural and urban areas, along with detailed analysis of these case studies High Voltage Electricity Installations will be of interest to postgraduate students, academics and practitioners alike, in the fields of environmental science, environmental planning, environmental policy-making and developments in the energy sector. It will also appeal to electricity industry practitioners responsible for the planning of high voltage installations.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen Jay is a lecturer in Faculty of Development and Society at Sheffield Hallam University, where he teaches environmental planning and environmental assessment. He has recently completed PhD research into the land-use planning effects of high-voltage electricity installations, and the related ex[pression of local authority concerns. He is particularly interested in the development of strategic environmental assessment, the formation of local environment policy, and public perceptions of the environment. He has authored a number of articles in journal and conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Stephen Andrew Jay
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleRSP
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight604 g
- Width180 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.