All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Gosselin predicted in High Wire that the American worker would take on an exceedingly high level of risk in the American ecomy, and would be ever more exposed to the volatility of the market. Today, Gosselin's worst fears have been realized. American families are walking a high wire in which a medical crisis, a natural disaster, or the loss of a job could send them into free fall. And as the housing crisis worsens and banks and insurers collapse, many have already fallen. High Wire reveals the quiet corrosion of American living standards and shows how the ownership society has turned into the on-your-own society --with devastating consequences.
- Author BiographyPeter Gosselin is national economics correspondent for the Los Angeles Times and a member of the paper's Washington bureau. A visiting fellow at the Urban Institute in Washington, D.C., he lives with his wife, reporter Robin Toner, and their two children in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Peter Gosselin
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication19/05/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Weight471 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.