All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlease te that this version of the book is w endorsed by SQA and has been revised in line with the 2014 revision to course arrangements. Higher Chemistry for CfE is tailored specifically to the extended requirements, teaching approaches and syllabus outlines detailed in the Higher Chemistry revisions for Curriculum for Excellence, to be examined 2015 onwards. A significant proportion of the text is also appropriate for teaching the Revised Higher syllabus being examined 2012-2015. - The only textbook for the Higher Chemistry for CfE syllabus offered by SQA. - Full colour presentation and motivating text design to encourage student enthusiasm. - Combines the traditional strengths of the bestselling Allan and Harris textbook with new material and invative CfE teaching approaches from John Anderson Each section of the book matches a unit of the CfE syllabus; each chapter corresponds to a content area. End-of-course questions, a chemical dictionary and a full index are also provided, with key learning points summarised throughout to help students revise. The book demonstrates the relevance of the chemistry being studied by offering students examples of how the chemical industry applies basic chemistry principles to its everyday operation. A without-answers version of the text is also available (978 1444 15860 1).
- Author BiographyEric Allan and John Harris are the authors of several higher chemistry textbooks, including previous editions of the bestselling core textbook Higher Chemistry. They are joined for this new edition by John Anderson, Principal Teacher of Chemistry at Jordanhill School, Glasgow, and co-author of Hodder Gibson's Science for Excellence series.
- Author(s)Eric Allan,John Anderson,John Harris
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Gibson
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight691 g
- Width214 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.