All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHigher Education: Open for Business addresses a problem in higher learning, which is newly recognized in the academic spotlight: the overcommercialization of higher education. The book asks that you, the reader, think about the following: Did you go to a Coke or Pepsi school? Do your children attend a Nike or adidas school? Is the college in your town a Dell or Gateway campus? These questions should t be a primary concern for students, parents or faculty in an environment that has to allow students to freely focus on learning. But in a time of fiscal uncertainty, can higher education igre the benefits of commercial ventures? It may seem foolish to do so. However, commercialism has gotten too close to certain aspects of academia such as the campus environment, classroom activities, academic research, and college sports. This disturbing encroachment of academic ground is addressed in Higher Education: Open for Business by a diverse host of authors who are closely involved in higher learning.
- Author BiographyChristian Gilde is an instructor and research associate at the University of Bath.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byChristian Gilde
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.