Higher Education and Sustainable Development: Paradox and Possibility by William Scott, Stephen Gough (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $78.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 'Key Issues in Higher Education' series aims to raise both awareness and the standards of debate on the fundamental issues that lie at the very heart of higher education and intends to assist national and international debate. Higher Education and Sustainable Development examines whether it is actually possible to mandate, plan, monitor and evaluate the higher education sector's route to the production of educated, invative, independent, self-determining, critical individuals while at the same time achieving a range of wider policy goals on the side. This book examines this question in the context of a particular international policy issue - sustainable development - which is w seen across the globe as a necessary and urgent response to a range of social and environmental issues that threaten the integrity of the biosphere and human well being. The book concludes that the idea of sustainable development holds both opportunities and dangers for universities as they pursue their proper role in a free society. Illustrated by seven in-depth case studies this book considers the complex inter-relationships of a free society and sustainable development in the context of higher education, and aims to makes recommendations for realistic future development. It is essential reading for the international higher education research community, policy-makers, university managers, students and n-Governmental organizations in the development, environment and social policy sectors.
- Author BiographyDr Stephen Gough is Senior Lecturer in Education and a member of the Centre for Research in Education and the Environment at the University of Bath. He is currently researching the role of learning in sustainable procurement management in a project funded by the UK's National Health Service Purchasing and Supply Agency (NHSPASA). He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. He has extensive experience of research in environmental and sustainability education around the world and is a member of the International Editorial Board of the Journal Environmental Education Research. Dr William Scott is a Professor of Education at the University of Bath where he directs the Centre for Research in Education and the Environment. He edits the international refereed academic journals: Environmental Education Research, and Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and works with local and national NGOs with interests in environmental, conservation and sustainability issues. William Scott has conducted a range of research, development and evaluation studies on behalf of government, industry, NGOs and other agencies in this country and abroad, most significantly with WWF.
- Author(s)Stephen Gough,William Scott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/06/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.