All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Descriptionkey arguments for policy and practice for lifelong learning in higher education. Higher Education Digest At the beginning of the 21st century it is increasingly clear to professionals at all levels of formal and informal education that we need to refresh the concept of lifelong learning. Most importantly, the concept needs to be expanded so that it is lifelong and lifewide, concerned t just with serial requirements of those already engaged, but also with the creation of opportunities for those who have t found the existing structures and processes accessible or useful. This book discusses resulting arguments about policy and practice in three parts: Part One focuses on the lifelong dimension, addressing in particular the changing nature of the student population. Part Two investigates the lifewide connections between higher education and other areas of social and ecomic life. Part Three offers a structural analysis, based on research on changing needs of learners, and setting out some key implications for higher education. Higher Education and the Lifecourse provides a timely analysis of the higher education sector and will be an important resource for graduate students, researchers, policy makers and senior managers within the fields of higher and post-compulsory education.
- Author BiographyMaria Slowey is Professor and Director of Adult and Continuing Education at the University of Glasgow. Her research is in the areas of adult and higher education and lifelong learning. She plays an active national role including membership of the Cubie Committee on the Student Finance,SHEFC and HEFCE Committees, and the ESRC Research Priorities Board. At an international level she has acted as consultant to OECD, the EC, the Council of Europe, and the ETF. David Watson has been Vice Chancellor of the University of Brighton since 1990 where he is also Professor of the History of Ideas. He has contributed widely to developments in UK higher education, as a member of the CNAA, PCFC, HEFCE and the Dearing Committee of Inquiry. His academic interests are in the history of American ideas and in higher education policy, on which he has published extensively.
- Author(s)David Watson,Maria Slowey
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleSRHE
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byDavid Watson,Maria Slowey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.