All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe introduction of market forces into higher education is the most crucial issue facing universities and colleges today. As the role of universities in the kwledge society becomes ever more apparent, and as public funding reaches its limit, marketisation has become an issue of critical importance. Discussions about the ever-increasing cost of tuition, affordability, access, university rankings, information, and the commercialization of academic research take place t just in North America, Western Europe and Australasia, but also in Eastern Europe, Asia and Latin America. Higher Education and the Market provides a comprehensive account of this phemen, and looks at its likely impact on key dimensions of university activity: * system structure * funding and resources * the curriculum * participation and achievement * research and scholarship * interactions with third parties. Contributors propose how market forces, government intervention and academic self-regulation can be combined to harness the benefits of increased competition and efficiency without losing the public good. It is of particular interest to government and institutional leaders, policy makers, researchers and students studying higher education.
- Author BiographyRoger Brown is Co-Director for the Centre of Higher Education Research Development (CHERD) at Liverpool Hope University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byRoger Brown
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.