Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionHigher education contributes to the public good in many ways. This book argues for a transformational and reflexive approach that takes full account of the nature of the university, its practices and programmes. The authors of this inspiring collection discuss philosophical approaches and present empirical and practical ideas for teaching and learning at university for the public good. Four major aspects of transforming universities are explored: the purpose and ethos of the university; its conception of graduate attributes; the way programmes and teaching are delivered; and the institution's approach to academics and their professional development. The book will be indispensable to all universities who are evaluating their own principles and practice. This book is enriched by international perspectives as well as a uniquely southern focus. While some of the authors live and work in America, the UK and other areas of Europe, all have links with South Africa which add insight to their chapters.
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationStoke-on-Trent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrentham Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBrenda Leibowitz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.