Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionClose Reading for Higher English offers guidance in one of the most important areas of Higher English. Close Reading contributes to 50% of marks in the final examination, yet some students believe that it is a skill that can t be practised! This book, written by two experienced teachers and examiners, shows that such practice offers the best chance of success and demonstrates that close reading for Higher English is a skill that can be acquired and improved. It introduces the basic terms and concepts that lie behind success (with guidance on interpretation of questions and targeting answers); then offers a section on examples of Comparative Evaluation (the 'Questions on both Passages'), an area that is often a source of difficulty for many candidates; followed by six practice papers for exam preparation. A separate, photocopiable, book of suggested answers is available for teacher reference, offering extremely detailed marking instructions that highlight where students can gain - or lose - the extra marks that influence grade awards.
- Author BiographyAnn Bridges and Colin Eckford are experienced teachers and examiners.
- Author(s)Ann Bridges,Colin Eckford
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication26/01/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleSEM
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Gibson
- Out-of-print date29/10/2015
- Weight381 g
- Width191 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.