All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with 200 archive photographs, postcards and other printed ephemera, many previously unpublished, Highgate guides the reader on a circular journey around the area, taking in street scenes, buildings, monuments and public spaces, including Highgate Cemetery, Lauderdale House, the Whittington Stone and Waterlow Park. Ancient traditions - like the 'swearing on the horns' - are recalled, as are famous people and historic schools, such as Highgate, Channing, and St Aloysius' College. Also featured are some of the surrounding areas, including Hampstead Heath, Muswell Hill and East Finchley. Coupled with informative captions offering a unique insight into the history behind each scene, this enthralling book presents a snapshot of Highgate in bygone days and is sure to appeal to all who kw and love this part of rth London.
- Author(s)Paul Feeney
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
Most relevant reviews
- randellrae08 Dec, 2013by
great family history photos!
I found it very interesting to see these old photos. My family lived around the Whittington stone from 1840 to beyond 1900!
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.