All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fascinating introduction to the topic. Spanning the spectrum of nucleic acid chemistry, carbohydrates, peptides, molecular recognition, biosynthesis and natural biosynthesis, right up to medical and biophysical chemistry, the book provides advanced students and those already working in the field with a balanced overview. In more than 30 contributions, a new generation of recognized scientists gives an account of the latest research in such areas as artificial receptors for the stabilization of beta sheet structures; carbohydrate recognition by artificial receptors; combinatorial chemistry as a tool for the discovery of catalysts; the interaction of NO and peroxynitrite with hemoglobin and myoglobin; inhibitors against human mast cell tryptase as a potential approach to conquering asthma; and, the selectivity of DNA replication. It is a readily accessible survey for everyone wishing to stay abreast of developments. It features a foreword by Ronald Breslow.
- Author BiographyCarsten Schmuck is Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Wurzburg. He studied chemistry and obtained his PhD at the Ruhr-University in Bochum. After a postdoctorate at Columbia University in New York, he carried out his Habilitation at the University of Cologne and joined the Unviersity of Wurzburg as associate professor in 2002. Helma Wennemers is Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Basel. She studied chemistry at the Johann Wolfgand Goethe-University in Frankfurt and obtained her PhD at the Columbia University in New York. After a postdoctorate at Nagoya University in Japan she joined the University of Basel as assistant professor and was promoted to associate professor in 2003.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication03/02/2004
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1168 g
- Width186 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byCarsten Schmuck,Helma Wennemers
- Introduction byRonald Breslow
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.