Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling author and psychologist whose books have topped 240,000 copies in print w addresses the trait of high sensitivity in children and offers a breakthrough parenting guidebook for highly sensitive children and their caregivers. With the publication of The Highly Sensitive Person, Elaine Aron became the first person to identify the inborn trait of high sensitivity and to show how it affects the lives of those who possess it. Up to 20 percent of the population is born highly sensitive, and w in The Highly Sensitive Child, Aron shifts her focus to highly sensitive children, who share the same characteristics as highly sensitive adults and thus face unique challenges as they grow up. Rooted in Aron s years of experience as a psychotherapist and her original research on child temperament, The Highly Sensitive Child shows how HSCs are born deeply reflective, sensitive to the subtle, and easily overwhelmed. These qualities can make for smart, conscientious, creative children, but with the wrong parenting or schooling, they can become unusually shy or timid, or begin acting out. Few parents and teachers understand where this behavior comes from and as a result, HSCs are often mislabeled as overly inhibited, fearful, or fussy, or classified as problem children (and in some cases, misdiagsed with disorders such as Attention Deficit Disorder). But raised with proper understanding and care, HSCs are more prone to these problems than nsensitive children and can grow up to be happy, healthy, well-adjusted adults. In this pioneering work, parents will find helpful self-tests and case studies to help them understand their HSC, along with thorough advice on: The challenges of raising an highly sensitive child The four keys to successfully parenting an HSC How to soothe highly sensitive infants Helping sensitive children survive in a t-so-sensitive world Making school and friendships enjoyable With chapters addressing the needs of specific age groups, from newborns through teens, The Highly Sensitive Child delivers warmhearted, timely information for parents, teachers, and the sensitive children in their lives.
- Author BiographyElaine N. Aron, Ph.D., is a psychotherapist, workshop leader, researcher, and highly sensitive person herself. She is the author of The Highly Sensitive Person, The Highly Sensitive Person in Love, and The Highly Sensitive Person s Workbook. She divides her time between San Francisco and New York.
- Author(s)Elaine N. Aron
- PublisherBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Del
- Weight313 g
- Width141 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine23 mm
Most relevant reviews
- chevylala02 Mar, 2013by
The perfect book if you think that your child might be Highly Sensitive.
I'm happy with this book. I could tell by the cover that I was going to love this book. and I have enjoyed reading it and learning from it.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.