All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a must read. It is a valuable resource for stroke survivors, anyone whose life has been affected by stroke, and health care professionals working in rehabilitation. While the focus may be on recovery from stroke, much of the information in this book could apply to traumatic brain and spinal cord injury. Written in an easy to understand, conversational tone, complex topics are simplified and made meaningful through storytelling and analogies. What inspires hope is the potential for ongoing recovery. This book walks the reader along a path of recovery: from the initial injury, to the mechanisms for recovery, to the future of rehabilitation. Dismissing the negative contations of plateau, this book provides hope and inspiration for continuum along the path of recovery. Each step along the path is supported by basic science, concepts of neuroplasticity, and the resilience of the human spirit.
- Author(s)Anne Burleigh Jacobs Pt Phd
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.