All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis new, full-colour guide to the top day trails of Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula - the heart of the Cape Floral Region World Heritage Site - has something for everyone. There are flat walks along the Sea Point Promenade, the Golden Mile between Muizenberg and St James and through the Urban Park for those looking for easy strolls, while adventurous hikers will enjoy the more challenging scrambles and exciting traverses of Kloof Corner Ridge, Right Face, Arrow Face Traverse and Carrell's Ledge. The popular trails on Table Mountain - Lion's Head, Platteklip Gorge, Kasteelspoort, Devil's Peak, Smut's Track and the Contour Path - all feature, along with some lesser kwn gems such as Myburgh's Waterfall Ravine, famous for its spectacular display of summer disas, and the iconic trails of the Cape Peninsula - Elsie's Peak, the Silvermine Circuit and Cape Point to Cape of Good Hope. Each trail is accompanied by an accurate map and pertinent information on access, difficulty, length and approximate duration as well as the flora, fauna and historical features that you are likely to see along the way. A useful ID section to the major species is given at the back. Hike Cape Town is the first in a new series called Hike South Africa. The next book in the series documents hikes in Somerset-West and Stellenbosch.
- Author BiographyFiona McIntosh is the hiking columnist for Getaway magazine, the author of a Table Mountain Activity Guide, Slackpacking - a Guide to South Africa's top leisure trails and Top 12 Hiking Trails of the Western Cape and the editor of Nightjar Travel magazine. She lives on the slopes of Table Mountain.
- Author(s)Fiona McIntosh
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Weight475 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.