All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of its kind for the largest national park in the United States. Six times the size of Yellowstone National Park, Wrangell-St. Elias welcomes 40,000 visitors every year, and each of them will maximize the visit with this all-new guidebook. Detailed information is provided for navigating fifty of the best hiking routes through 13.2 million acres of Alaskan wilderness. The book is organized by type of trip: day hikes, frontcountry treks (starting from road-accessible trailheads), and remote backcountry treks (accessible via fly-in). There are detailed maps and black and white photographs as well as sidebars and narratives about river crossings, navigation, bear safety, wildlife, seasonal changes, and finding the routes.
- Author BiographyThe author ir a professional guide with Trek Alaska, leading extended backpacking trips into the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park wilderness.
- Author(s)Greg Fensterman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRegional Hiking Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight23 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.