Hiking Kentucky's Red River Gorge: Your Definitive Guide to the Jewel of the Southeast by Sean Patrick Hill (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHiking Kentucky's Red River Gorge is the definitive guide to trails in the Red River Gorge Geologic Area, Natural Bridge State Park, and Clifty Wilderness. The book showcases 25 of the best hikes in the Gorge, as well as a back-of-book bonus on nearby trails. Distinguished from other Red River Gorge guides, this book provides readers t only with detailed maps, sharp photos, and individual-trail details, THIS guidebook outlines definitive hikes--ways to explore the area and enjoy its flora, fauna, and history. The easy-to-use layout treats each hike distinctly, as its own adventure. Because of this, the routes are detailed with photographs, maps, trail gradient information and, most importantly, ratings for key elements that make a trail appealing to a wide variety of people. This allows the reader to make informed decisions about which trails they will want to hike, which ones will be appropriate for children, and so on. Further, readers will discover how to combine trails and routes for a great hiking day or backpacking trip. This book is ideal for people who've never been to the Gorge, or even beginner hikers.
- Author BiographySean Patrick Hill is a college instructor and freelance writer in Louisville, Kentucky. He is the author of two books of poems -- The Imagined Field and Interstitial -- and a hiking guide, Moon Outdoors: Oregon Hiking. His hiking and travel articles have appeared in a number of newspapers and magazines, and his poems appear widely in print and online. Currently, he is an MFA candidate in the Warren Wilson College Program for Writers, and has been awarded writing residencies at the Vermont Studio Center, Montana Artists Refuge, Fishtrap, and the Oregon State University Spring Creek Project. He spends his time teaching writing; working on writing; hiking; cooking; and being a father to his young daughter.
- Author(s)Sean Patrick Hill
- PublisherMenasha Ridge Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMenasha Ridge Press Inc.
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, Maps, Charts
- Weight199 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.