All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHiking Ohio is your complete guide to 83 of the most scenic day hikes in the Buckeye State. From the shores of Lake Erie to the Ohio River, this handy guide will lead you to the best trails. In this one-of-a-kind resource, you'll find the following features: - Detailed descriptions, complete with GPS coordinates for every hike in every region - Special points of interest; descriptions of the topography, flora, fauna, and climate; estimated hiking time and distance; and difficulty ratings for each trail - Phone numbers and websites, park hours and rules, and available facilities for 65 of the state's most scenic hiking areas - Easy-to-read maps for every park and trail to help you navigate your hike and locate landmarks and other points of interest - A convenient trail finder that provides a summary of each trail's features and available facilities Hiking Ohio brings to life the history, terrain, flora, and fauna of each area. And the descriptions of nearby recreational and sightseeing destinations ensure you won't miss anything on your trip. Hiking Ohio is your guide to enjoying the great outdoors!
- Author BiographyGary S. Williams is a lifelong Ohioan and hiker. Since 1987, he has been actively involved with the Buckeye Trail Association, an all-volunteer group that builds, maintains, and promotes a 1,444-mile hiking trail that loops around Ohio. In the association, he has been on the board of trustees, a columnist and editor of the organization's Trailblazer newsletter, the head of publicity, a member of the trail building crew, and a section supervisor for a 50-mile section of the Buckeye Trail. Williams has a bachelor's degree from Marietta College, a master's degree in library science from Kent State University, and 25 years of experience as a librarian. As a freelance writer, he has written many articles on Ohio's natural heritage and has self-published four books on early Ohio history: The Forts of Ohio: A Guide to Military Stockades; Spies, Scoundrels, and Rogues of the Ohio Frontier; Historic Tours of Ohio; and Gliding to a Better Place: Profiles From Ohio's Territorial Era. In addition to hiking, Williams enjoys canoeing and cross-country skiing. He resides in Wintersville, Ohio.
- Author(s)Gary Williams
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note145 black & white illustrations, 41 black & white halftones
- Weight821 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Interest AgeFrom 118 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.