All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionImagine hiking along a wooded trail in Virginia and stumbling upon the stone foundation of a crumbled building, the wooden slats of the walls caved in, the ironwork of the hinges still dangling on the burned out door. This discovery piques your interest-what is this? What's its significance? How can you find out? Enter Hiking through History Virginia: Exploring the Old Dominion's Past by Trail. The hiking guidebook, which profiles forty hikes (all trails, of varying degrees of difficulty), goes beyond simply stating miles and directions and GPS coordinates for each hike to include rich descriptions of the history underfoot. From Civil War Battlefields like the Petersburg National Battlefield to early settlement sites like Henricus from the 1600s, this book is the perfect companion for any hiker with an interest in history. Make mistake-this is a hiking book first and foremost, complete with rich photos and detailed maps, but with added extras and sidebars detailing eugh historical information to satisfy every curiosity along the way.
- Author BiographyJohnny Molloy is an outdoor writer who has camped more than one hundred nights in the wild each year since the early 1980s. The result are over fifty books, including hiking guides to Virginia, West Virginia, and Tennessee as well as tent camping guides to Colorado, Wisconsin, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, and the Smokies.
- Author(s)Johnny Molloy
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleHiking Through History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight32 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.