Hiking the Columbia River Gorge: A Guide to the Area's Greatest Hiking Adventures by Jim Yuskavitch (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book describes a wide range of hikes in the Columbia River Gorge, from easy to very strenuous, accessible and remote. Detailed trail descriptions and mileages, suggestions on how to get the most from your hike (points of interest along the way, and some history and natural history of the area as well). Also included is information on how to find many of the Gorge's waterfalls, for people who enjoy seeking those out. For backpackers, it has t only good route descriptions, but suggestions on hike variations and where the best campsites are located. Also included are recommendations for hiking to the best viewpoints in the gorge.
- Author BiographyRuss Schneider grew up hiking the wilds of the West. He moved to Portland to attend Reed College. While earning a degree in Portland, Russ visited the Gorge often for a tast of the widlerness. Its accessibility from the city and its truly wilde character kept Russ hiking, and prety soon he had hiked every one of the trails in this book. As a veteran hiker, guide, and author, Russ loves showing people the land. In addition to Hiking the Columbia River Gorge, he has authored Fishing Glacier National Park, and Backpacking Tips.Reviser Jim Yuskavitch has worked as a freelance writer and photographer since 1993. Along with numerous magazine articles covering the outdoors and environmental issues, he is also the author Fishing Oregon, Oregon Wildlife Viewing Guide, Mysteries and Legends of Oregon, Outlaw Tales of Oregon, Quick Casts: Portland, Oregon, and Oregon Nature Weekends. Along with his writing background Yuskavitch also has decades of experience hiking and climbing the backcountry of the western US. He lives in Sisters, Oregon.
- Author(s)Jim Yuskavitch
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleRegional Hiking Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings, black & white tables, maps
- Weight31 g
- Width154 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.