All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis play is based on Hilda Doolittles Tribute to Freud, the letters she exchanged with Freud and her literary circle, as well as some of her poetry. Hilda, a forty-seven year old poet, met Freud, who was then in his late seventies, in 1930s Vienna. It was the beginning of a startling love affair , with exchanges of gifts, letters and flowers, both within and beyond the psychoanalytical setting. During the play, the public and the reader accompany Hilda on her visit to Freuds residence, shortly after his death in London, guided by the Narrator on this tour around the house as through the chambers of her mind. In this visit Hilda revives moments of her life and analysis, which she defined as a free verse relationship with Freud. In a psychoanalytical, n-conventional, treatment, she works through her war traumas as well as her illuminating cosmic and oceanic epiphanies.
- Author BiographyAntonio Quinet, MD, PhD, is a psychoanalyst, psychiatrist, and playwright. He is a member of the School of Psychoanalysis of the Forums of the Lacanian Field; a Professor of the Graduate Program in Psychoanalysis, Health and Society (UVA, Rio de Janeiro), where he developed the research project 'Theatre and Psychoanalysis'; and the director of the 'Unconscious on Stage Company'. He is the author of ten books published in Brazil (two translated into French and one into Spanish), as well as many articles published in Brazil and abroad on psychoanalysis, and seven plays staged in many cities in Brazil, as well as Rome, Paris, and London.
- Author(s)Antonio Quinet
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe Karnac Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight68 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.