All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGuidebook to 32 walks in the hills of Shropshire. The walks, which are graded easy, moderate or hard, range from 3 miles (5km) to 12 miles (19km) and can be walked in all seasons. The selected routes take in highlights such as The Wrekin, Wenlock Edge, Long Mynd and Stiperstones, Castle Ring and Bury Ditches. Featuring 1:50K OS mapping (shown at 1:40K for greater clarity), step-by-step route descriptions, as well as information on accommodation, getting around, bases for the Shropshire hills and history of the region, the guide details everything you need to walk in Shropshire - and more. From Neolithic standing stones, Bronze Age stone circles, and hilltop forts dating back to the Iron Age, Shropshire offers more than just picturesque landscapes and rewarding walking. Discover history on the hills as well as natural beauty, all within easy driving distance from Birmingham and Manchester.
- Author BiographyJohn Gillham has been a professional writer, illustrator and photographer since 1989. His first book was Snowdonia to the Gower: a Coast-to-Coast Walk Across Highest Wales. He also pioneered three other long-distance routes: Lakeland to Lindisfarne, Pennine Ways and the Bowland-Dales Traverse, all of which were published in book form. John-s recent books include The Pictorial Guides to the Mountains of Snowdonia Volumes 1-4, Best Day Walks in Snowdonia and the AA Leisure Guide to Wales. John writes for several outdoor publications, and two of his books have won the Outdoor Writers & Photographers Guild Award for Excellence.
- Author(s)John Gillham
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note80 photos 36 maps
- Weight220 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.