All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning velist Randa Jarrar's new story collection moves seamlessly between realism and fable, history and the present, capturing the lives of Muslim women and men across myriad geographies and circumstances. With acerbic wit, deep tenderness, and boundless imagination, Jarrar brings to life a memorable cast of characters, many of them accidental transients --a term for migratory birds who have gone astray--seeking their circuitous routes back home. Fierce and feeling, Him, Me, Muhammad Ali is a testament to survival in the face of love, loss, and displacement. Randa Jarrar is the author of a highly successful vel, A Map of Home, which received an Arab-American Book Award and was named one of the best vels of 2008 by the Barnes & Noble Review. She grew up in Kuwait and Egypt, and moved to the United States after the first Gulf War. Her work has appeared in the New York Times Magazine, the Utne Reader, Salon.com, Guernica, the Rumpus, the Oxford American, Ploughshares, and more. She blogs for Salon, and lives in California.
- Author BiographyRanda Jarrar: Randa Jarrar is an award-winning novelist, short story writer, essayist, and translator. Her novel A Map of Home was published in six languages, won an Arab-American Book Award, and was named one of the best novels of 2008 by The Barnes & Noble Review.
- Author(s)Randa Jarrar
- PublisherSarabande Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSarabande Books
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.