All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Himalaya, Asia's jagged backbone, lured photographer Andrea Baldeck on four journeys covering thousands of miles from rthern India to western China, the distillation of which is Himalaya: Land of the Sw Lion. This volume opens a window onto an ancient enduring culture, bound by shared ethnicity and religion and challenged by daunting geography. Portraits, landscapes, architecture, and still-life images convey the texture and rhythm of this mountain life, which is ever more threatened by the forces of geopolitics, migration, and modernization. In a series of succinct essays accompanying the images, the artist invites the viewer to imagine aspects of life and travel in a region where a remote, starkly beautiful environment test and tempers all who call it home.
- Author BiographyAndrea Baldeck is a musician, physician, and photographer. Her photographs have been exhibited widely and are part of the permanent collections of major museums.
- Author(s)Andrea Baldeck
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology
- Content Note336 quadtone illus.
- Weight2259 g
- Width305 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.