All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho kws the stories that dwell in our dreams, that forever attract and charm us? Rai Chaze leads us on this path with her series of little stories: Imaginary Tales of Tahiti. For all kids. Parent reading from 3 years old Readers from 5 to 10 years Published in the following languages: English, French, Tahitian, Spansih and Japanese.
- Author BiographyRai CHAZE was born in Tahiti. Her parents are both mixed-blood polynesian. After several years spent in the USA, she returned to Tahiti. The links she had developed with Henri Hiro, a poet, the cultural renaissance leader, playwright, filmmaker, anti-nuclear activit and a keyman in Polynesian History, tightened over the years. She has published two collections of poetry, Toriri and I Te Rai Ra, several short stories and poems in Tahiti and Hawaii. In 1990, she published her first book Vai, the river in a cloudless sky, which is also the first work of prose in contemporary native literature. In October 2009, her first book for children, 'Tahitians Tales' is published by Les Editions Cornac, a Montreal, Canada, children publishing company. Apart from the numerous publications in anthologies or literary magazines, she published Before the rainy season. This novel invites the reader into the life of the islands through encounters and memories resulting in a saga across Polynesian History. Recently published, 'It snowed in the Tuamotu', a Children Christmas story, was also produced as a theatrical performance. With The imaginary tales Tahiti series, it offers a collection of short stories for children, between myths and epics. It thus provides an opportunity for many natve artists to illustrate this series and exhibit their talent. Hina VOISIN was four years old, she had just had a nightmare and does not yet know how to write. Then her mother asked her to draw her dream. Under her fingers was born a woman with long black hair. Fascinated by this lady, she was seized with enthusiasm and never ceased to draw. She modulate the expression, reflections of light in the hair, and here and there, bits to different shades. Teacher in kindergarten, this gift was favorable to her, she won the competition for the institution and its students, she joined the projects AGIEM (General Association of Teachers of Kindergarten) and experimented in this way many technical skills.. When she stops working in Education, she enrolled in the painting course of the painter Bousquet and perfected her technique. But the disease moves into her body. At the end of treatment against the cancer, she has only one goal: to live and thrive. The painting became for her, blooming and life.
- Author(s)Rai Chaze
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Edited byApi Tahiti
- Illustrator(s)Hina Voisin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.