All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHinduism, with its rich variety of religious traditions, can often be hard to define. This book is an informative guide to those traditions, and their underlying unity. Covering all important aspects of Hinduism, from deities and temples to mythology and philosophy, and exploring what it means to lead a Hindu life, this book will let you discover this fascinating religion and understand its relevance today. NOT GOT MUCH TIME? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. AUTHOR INSIGHTS Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the authors' many years of experience. TEST YOURSELF Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. FIVE THINGS TO REMEMBER Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. TRY THIS Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyV. P. Hemant Kanitkar was born and schooled in India and came to Britain in 1948. He obtained degrees, both in Sanskrit and History at London University. He taught in various secondary schools in the London area for 26 years. After retiring in 1984, he has written eleven books on Hinduism and India for British schools. The author also officiates as a priest for major Hindu rites of passage. Owen Cole has taught at every stage of education from junior schools to university. He is a vice president of the World Congress of Faiths, a member of the Other Faiths Commission of the Churches together in Britain and Ireland and a founder member of the Shap Working Party on World Religions in Education. He is visiting research fellow at University College, Chichester. He has written or contributed to some thirty five books. His principal interest is religious education in school, a recent contribution has been RE in the Primary Curriculum, Religious and Moral Education Press.
- Author(s)Owen Cole,V.P. Kanitkar
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleTeach Yourself Religion
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content NotePhotographs, Line Illustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.