All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHip Hop Africa explores a new generation of Africans who are t only consumers of global musical currents, but also active and creative participants. Eric Charry and an international group of contributors look carefully at youth culture and the explosion of hip hop in Africa, the embrace of other contemporary genres, including reggae, ragga, and gospel music, and the continued vitality of drumming. Covering Senegal, Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, and South Africa, this volume offers unique perspectives on the presence and development of hip hop and other music in Africa and their place in global music culture.
- Author BiographyEric Charry is Associate Professor of Music at Wesleyan University. He is author of Mande Music: Traditional and Modern Music of the Maninka and Mandinka of Western Africa and has published extensively on music in Africa.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note14 b&w illus., 1 music exx.
- Weight681 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEric S. Charry
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $32.62New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.52Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.33Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $30.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.