All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe life of Hiram Martin Chittenden illustrates the work of one of the most influential federal agencies that has shaped the American West-the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. As a member of the Corps Chittenden was assigned to Yellowstone Park, where he completed the plan for tourist roads. His work there convinced powerful congressmen to increase greatly the appropriations for the park. In this well-researched biography, Mr. Dodds shows that Chittenden was, in addition to his Corps duties, one of the first advocates of multiple-purpose resource use, a champion of scientific accuracy in forming conservation policies, the first president of the Seattle Port Commission, and the author of several books, including his monumental History of the American Fur Trade and a guidebook to Yellowstone Park that is still in print.
- Author BiographyGordon B. Dodds is professor of history at Portland State University.
- Author(s)Gordon B. Dodds
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.