Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionInformative and entertaining in equal measures, HIRED, FIRED, FLED will have you hooked from the very first page. - Kaye Holland, TNT Magazine UK HIRED, FIRED, FLED describes the emotional rollercoaster that is the modern job hunt, and anyone who's graduated in the last 10-15 years, particularly post-recession, is sure to empathise with him... a witty and entertaining read with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and some incisive nuggets of wisdom. - Sarah Townsend, Arabian Business With tongue-in-cheek humour, gripping angst, and weighted tational advice... HIRED, FIRED, FLED offers an upfront and relatable compilation of life post-study... serving as a highly recommendable read to anyone graduating, or people entering into their penultimate years of study. - Paul Rodger, Strathclyde Telegraph Charlie's talent for observing and then reporting on the ludicrous series of events that befell him will have you chuckling aloud on your sun-lounger... engaging and immensely entertaining. - Iain Robertson, B-C-ing-U.com Raymond renders the reader helpless with laughter as he describes his ridiculously tight safari uniform shorts and his guiding tips... Overall, [he] displays superb self-awareness and honesty in the writing of this book, which is a light-hearted account of a t so light-hearted tale that almost every graduate or soon-to-be graduate can relate to. - Taryana Odayar, The Beaver (LSE) --- HIRED, FIRED, FLED is the calamitous tale of an average graduate who crashed through fourteen jobs in fifteen years, as he searched for the holy grail of the working world: a job to love. Wrongly accused of sleeping with the boss's wife was a bad start, and things only got worse for Charlie Raymond as the film industry lured him in, kicking off a desperate struggle to succeed. His global quest bounced him through Africa, Europe, North America, and the Middle East, serving soup in Italy, witnessing 9/11, eating his way into A&E, and risking hypothermia in Canada, as he took increasingly desperate measures to prove his path right. HIRED, FIRED, FLED is the story of trying to 'make it' in the 21st Century. This humorous memoir will entertain and enlighten, revealing the oddities of life as an escapist expat, while striking a chord with anyone who's ever dreamed of loving their work... and beating the rat race. Revealing the challenges and opportunities of the working world, this tale is packed with crucial, need-to-kw career tips, such as: how to resign in the rudest way possible, how to bypass corporate 'gatekeepers', and how to cope with a boss who thinks you've slept with his wife! Charlie Raymond's extreme career path - via 7 countries, 4 continents, and 14 jobs - was sparked by trying to answer the ultimate question: 'What should I be doing with my days on Earth?' This book is the result, and was written with himself in mind, aged 17 1/2, as he wrestled with that baffling, life-changing conundrum; yet HIRED, FIRED, FLED is intended to entertain and inspire people of all ages, whether beginning their careers, desperate for change, happy at work, or taking off for a sun-lounger in the Med.
- PublisherSaxon Nomad Media
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaxon Nomad Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.