All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKwn internationally and variously described as the Godfather of Streetwear and one of the founding fathers of Tokyo's Harajuku scene, Hiroshi Fujiwara exerts a disproportionate influence over contemporary design culture. Fujiwara, who had collaborated with the likes of Malcolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood as a teenager in the early 1980s, merged a seminal interest in punk with hip-hop and skate culture to become one of Japan's principal tastemakers. A musician and producer, Fujiwara is also one of the most prolific of sneaker designers, and his kicks are some of the most sought-after collectibles. In addition to his very visible and longstanding collaborations with Nike, he has authored a number of fashion lines, and is at the head of the Tokyo-based Fragment Design. Maintaining his reign as the arbiter of hip for over 30 years, this book presents the breadth of his career, including sections on his highly sought after artwork and graphics, sneakers, product design, and curated personal effects. With an introduction by Eric Clapton and contributions by Takashi Murakami, Mark Parker, Jean Touitou, Nigo, Sarah Lerfel, this graphically inspired book provides a unique glimpse into one of the most influential tastemakers of our time.
- Author BiographySarah Lerfel is the creative director of the Paris style boutique Colette.
- Author(s)Eric Clapton,Hiroshi Fujiwara
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight1606 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.