All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the days of ancient Israel, Hannah is a woman oppressed. Her once-hopeful marriage is a nightmare, her husband Levi is violently abusive. Hannah believes it is because she is barren, and if she could only give him a child, all would be well. But child comes, and she does t kw how long she can possibly endure. She prays for release and after six long years of Levi's cruelty, he suddenly drowns. Hannah is finally free, free to heal her body and spirit. But she has forgotten brother-in-law marriage, and Levi has a brother. Far from being free, she is given to Joshua, whom she barely kws, and Hannah fears being plunged once more into the nightmare she just left. Joshua is a virtual stranger for one reason. He fell in love with Hannah the day she married his brother, and he has kept his secret, and his distance. Now he has what he always dreamed; he has his brother's wife. It seems too good to be true, that God has given him his dream. Surely there must be punishment for his coveting. Indeed there is. All is t well, t with Hannah r with the farm he inherits with her. Joshua faces a mystery that he must unravel, and in the doing risks losing everything he thought he knew about this brother he loved before Levi's plot traps both Hannah and himself.
- Author BiographyMary Ellen Boyd is a writer of all kinds of genres in fiction, fantasy, mystery, even time travel. She writes what she loves, but it must have a happy ending. Her favorite is Biblical fiction, her special passion building fictional stories around factual accounts. Temper The Wind is her first novel, and is set in the time of the Judges. How could she not write about a scripture that required Israelite soldiers to shave the heads of their newly claimed Canaanite brides? Particularly after getting a haircut that took her from shoulder-length to nearly scalped with a simple request for a 'trim'! She has a sequel, His Brother's Wife, that will pick up the book about 17 years later, so soon you will be able to see more of Javan and Taleh, and meet some of the other inhabitants of this little village. She firmly believes that each book of a series should be able to stand alone, complete in itself. She also loves English history, and gladly writes about whatever historical events and oddities grab her. As for time travel, wouldn't it be great to be whisked off to another time? Since no one has a working time machine yet, she'll just have to content herself with sending her characters there. A lifelong Minnesotan, snow delights her and she is jealous of everyone who gets a blizzard when she doesn't. Blame that on early years living on Minnesota's beautiful North Shore. She has been happily married for 31 years, with one son, who is now married himself.
- Author(s)Mary Ellen Boyd,Mrs Mary Ellen Boyd
- Date of Publication20/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.