Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the histological typing of ovarian tumours is the focus of this volume, other aspects of investigation of a specimen of ovarian tumour are also important. Some of these aspects are mentioned in the text or illustrated. They include tumour grading, which is impor- tantprogstically and therapeutically for certain types ofovarian tu- mour, quantification ofcomponents in mixed tumours and evaluation of the stroma of certain tumours that are associated with endocrine function. Grading methodologies have varied from one tumour type to ather and from one group of investigators to ather for the same type of tumour. Because a standard internationally recognized grading methodology has t been established, specific guidance is presented in this volume. Nevertheless, grading by any generally acceptable method should be incorporated in the diagsis whenever appropriate. The clinical and pathological classification of the extent of tu- mour growth (staging) should be taken into account for the purposes of treatment and progsis. The TNlV1/FIGO system is therefore in- cluded (p. 45). Histological Classification of Ovarian Tumours 1 Surface Epithelial-Stromal Tumours 1. 1 Serous tumours 1. 1. 1 Benign 1 1. 1. 1. 1 Cystadema 8441/0 Papillary cystadema 8460/0 1. 1. 1. 2 Surface papilloma ...8461/0 1. 1. 1. 3 Adefibroma; cystadefibroma ...9014/0 1. 1. 2 Of borderline malignancy (of low malignant potential) 2 1. 1. 2. 1 Cystic tumour 8442/1 Papillary cystic tumour ...846211 Surface papillary tumour...8463/1 1. 1. 2. 2 1. 1. 2. 3 Adefibroma; cystadefibroma 9014/1 1. 1.
- Author(s)Robert E. Scully
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/04/1999
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleWHO - World Health Organization - International Histological Classification of Tumours
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 106 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight360 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.