Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionSir Frederick Madden (1801-73) was for thirty years Keeper of Manuscripts at the British Library. His edition of the Latin text of Matthew Paris' Historia Anglorum has never been superseded: as Richard Vaughan wrote in 1958, 'it is one of the finest of all those published in the Rolls Series, and it set a standard of careful accuracy and profound scholarship which has seldom been equalled since'. Matthew Paris, a monk at St Albans Abbey from 1217 to 1259, wrote and illustrated the single complete surviving manuscript of this 'English History', which covers the years 1067-1253. He was an accomplished artist and a racy, indefatigably curious and opinionated narrator of events. Volume 3, prefaced by a biography of the author, contains the conclusion of the work from 1246 to 1253, and an abbreviated version composed by Paris himself.
- Author(s)Matthew Paris
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus.
- Weight950 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byFrederic Madden
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.