All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere can be few if any historians working in the wide field of Middle East Studies who are unacquainted with historian and archaeologist George Scanlon. At different times from the mid-1950s to the present day, he has lived, worked and studied in Egypt. For a major part of that period, he has been associated with the American University in Cairo, where he is currently professor of Islamic art and architecture in the department of Arabic Studies. Although diverse in subject matter, the essays collected in this text present a composite picture of Cairo, and more broadly of Islamic history and culture, from early medieval times to the present. As such they attempt to provide a fitting tribute to one of the most eminent scholars in the field.
- Author BiographyJILL EDWARDS is professor and chair of the Department of History at the American University in Cairo. Her many publications on modern history include Al-Alamein Revisited: The Battle at al-Alamein and its Historical Implications (AUC Press, 2000).
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note39 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJill Edwards
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.