All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis glorious tome gives a unique insight into the way that Heston works, with signature dishes from both the double Michelin-starred Dinner and triple Michelin-starred The Fat Duck. With a clothbound slipcase, luxurious gold foil, patterned edges, and illustrations from the genius that is Dave McKean, this special edition of Historic Heston is a book to treasure. British gastromy has a grand old tradition that has been lost over time. Now our most inventive chef is out to reclaim it. Heston Blumenthal, whose name is synymous with cutting-edge cuisine, still finds his greatest source of inspiration in the unique and delicious food that our sceptered isle once produced. This has been the secret to his success at world-famous restaurants The Fat Duck and Dinner, where a contrast between old and new, modern and historic, is key. Historic Heston charts a quest for identity through the best of British cooking that stretches from medieval to late-Victorian recipes. Start with twenty-eight historic dishes, take them apart, put them together again and what have you got? A sublime twenty-first-century take on delicacies including meat fruit (1500), quaking pudding (1660) and mock turtle soup (1892). Heston examines the history behind each one's invention and the science that makes it work. Ferreting out such curious sources as The Queen-like Closet from 1672 (which offers an excellent method for drying goose, he puts these dishes in their social context and follows obscure culinary trails. What all this adds up to is a colourful, idiosyncratic culinary history of Britain. You think you kw about British cooking? Think again.
- Author BiographyEntirely self-taught, Heston Blumenthal is the most progressive chef of his generation. In 2004 he won the coveted three Michelin stars in near-record time for his restaurant The Fat Duck. It has repeatedly been voted into the top ten of the World's Best Restaurants by an international panel of 800 experts, as has his second restaurant, the double-Michelin-starred Dinner. In 2006 he was awarded an OBE.
- Author(s)Heston Blumenthal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteColour images throughout
- Weight4006 g
- Width232 mm
- Height272 mm
- Format DetailsSaddle-sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.