All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionOwing to the superb defensive position of the great castle, which still stands sentinel above the River Avon, Warwick has been important for the past thousand years or more. The town has a long and interesting history, and still has many attractive buildings dating from medieval times, the Elizabethan era and the Georgian period. The interesting variety of gardens and parks in Warwick includes the grounds of the castle, which were redesigned by Capability Brown in the mid-eighteenth century. There are numerous other gardens, many associated with historic houses, as well as the recently restored Hill Close Gardens, a rare survival of a group of nineteenth-century urban leisure gardens once common on the outskirts of most towns. In this superbly illustrated, full-colour guide, Christine Cluley and Jennifer Meir take the reader on a tour of Warwick's historic houses and gardens, from the Court House, to Lord Leycester Hospital, through Priory Park, and to the castle itself.
- Author BiographyAward-winning historian & researcher, Christine M. Cluley, has worked on Heritage Education projects at Warwickshire Record Office and Museum. After thirteen years she stepped down from the Chair of The Friends of the Warwickshire County Record Office and is now Vice Chairman. Although now a resident of Gloucestershire she lived in Warwickshire for 30 years and considers herself a Warwickshire woman. She has worked at Compton Verney for three years as a gallery interpreter, leading tours and talks. Jennifer Meir co-founded Warwickshire Gardens Trust. She has produced a number of A4 booklets for the Trust on individual sites. Jennifer also wrote Sanderson Miller and his Landscapes (Phillimore 2004) based on her PhD research.
- Author(s)Christine M. Cluley,Jennifer Meir
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note94, 91 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.