All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn January 30, 1892, on a field adjacent a small university's quadrangle, just behind its New College, a mascot--the university goat--was paraded before approximately 1,500 spectators. The goat was followed by students rooting Rah, rah, rah, ta Georgia! for the school's newly established athletic team. Football was about to be introduced at the University of Georgia in a contest against Mercer College. It was the first football game in the deep South. Through hundreds of spectacular photographs, Historic Photos of University of Georgia Football recounts the first nine decades of one of the most storied college football programs in the nation, beginning with its inception nearly 120 years ago. Relive Georgia football's mostly peaks and some valleys through its 1980 season, when mascot Uga III patrolled the sidelines, fans in red and black shouted Go You Silver Britches! and everyone marveled How 'Bout Them Dawgs? as the Bulldogs captured their first undisputed national championship.
- Author(s)Currently Unavailable,Patrick Garbin
- Date of Publication28/08/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistoric Photos
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1179 g
- Width257 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.