All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers lively current debates and case studies in historical archaeology selected from around the world, including North America, Latin America, Africa, the Pacific, and Europe. It was authored by 19 experts in the field. It explores how historical archaeologists think about their work, piecing together information from both material culture and documents in an attempt to understand the lives of the people and societies they study. It engages with current theory in an accessible manner. It is truly global in its approach but avoids subsuming local experiences of people into global patterns. It summarizes t only the current state of historical archaeology, but also sets the course for the field in decades to come.
- Author BiographyMartin Hall is Vice-Chancellor of the University of Salford, Greater Manchester, and was formerly Professor of Historical Archaeology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Stephen W. Silliman is Assistant Professor of Anthropology, University of Massachusetts, Boston.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2005
- Series TitleBlackwell Studies in Global Archaeology
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note36 illustrations
- Weight609 g
- Width171 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMartin Hall,Stephen W. Silliman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.