All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis gorgeous atlas, illustrated throughout with more than 500 colorful images and maps, provides a visually rich and textually engaging history of the states of Oregon and Washington. Derek Hayes brings his enthusiasm and expertise to a full range of topics, beginning with the first inhabitants and tracing the westward expansion, conflict between settlers and Native Americans, and the establishment of the Oregon Trail. We see in vivid images, old maps, and lively text the coming of the railroads and the rapid establishment of the coastal ports, rthwest cities and roads, the fur and lumber industries, and the large farms. We also witness the twentieth-century development of the war industries, the establishment of the aviation industry, and the celebratory 1962 Seattle World's Fair. At once a valuable reference and an exhilarating adventure through history, the Historical Atlas of Washington and Oregon presents readers with a fascinating chronicle of how these proud states came into their own and how they each look toward the future.
- Author BiographyDerek Hayes is a noted historian and the author of numerous historical atlases, including The Historical Atlas of the Northern American Railroad, Historical Atlas of the United States, and Historical Atlas of the American West, all from UC Press.
- Author(s)Derek Hayes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note550 color illustrations
- Weight1416 g
- Width241 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.