All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnimation was once a relatively simple matter, using fairly primitive means to produce rather short films of subjects that were generally comedic and often quite childish. However, things have changed, and they continue changing at a maddening pace. One new technique after ather has made it easier, faster, and above all cheaper to produce the material, which has taken on an increasing variety of forms. The Historical Dictionary of Animation and Cartoons is an introduction to all aspects of animation history and its development as a techlogy and industry beyond the familiar cartoons from the Disney and Warner Bros. Studios. This is done through a chrology, an introductory essay, photos, a bibliography, and over 200 cross-referenced dictionary entries on animators, directors, studios, techniques, films, and some of the best-kwn characters.
- Author BiographyNichola Dobson is an independent scholar based in Edinburgh, Scotland. She is currently researching in the areas of animation studies and television genre.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2010.
- Author(s)Nichola Dobson
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Literature and the Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width148 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.