All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAn important contribution to the reference literature on China, this historical dictionary covers the entire revolutionary period in China. Although existing biographical dictionaries focus on the twentieth century, the Chinese revolutionary movements began in the early nineteenth century. China's defeat in the Opium War (1839-1842) set the conditions for the rise of revolutionary movements, the first being the Taiping Christian Revolution of 1851-1864. Sun Yat-sen's Republican Revolution began in the late nineteenth century and was followed by the Communist Revolution during the second half of the twentieth century. With the Socialist transformation under Mao Tse-tung, the Chinese entered ather revolutionary stage. The death of Mao and the end of the Cultural Revolution in 1976 conclude the time period covered in this dictionary. The entries in this volume provide concise accounts and profiles of the people, events, ideas, and other factors that played a role throughout the revolutionary period including sources of additional information. The Dictionary also includes a general bibliography and chrology that provides an overview of the period covered. Cross-references and a full subject index provide access to the material.
- Author BiographyEDWIN PAK-WAH LEUNG is Professor in the Department of Asian Studies and Senior Fellow of the Asia Center at Seton Hall University. He is the author of Adaptability of the Chinese in America (1988), Modern Change in Chinese Diplomacy (1990), and several articles, and the editor of special editions of Chinese Law and Government and Asian Profile.
- Author(s)Edwin Leung,Pak-Wah Leung
- Date of Publication17/03/1992
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography, index, chronology
- Weight962 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.